- Education is a part of you that nobody can ever take away.
- To boost your brain activity. Whether you are learning to sew or picking up a new computer language, your brain will be making new connections. No matter how old we are, we can all use some new brain connections.
- You will also think more creatively with the new connections formed. Thinking more creatively leads to innovation.
- The more you know, the more you will find yourself popular with many more people. More conversation topics will connect you with new social networks. Maybe the person you have just impressed is a hiring manager.
- The world is changing. Your knowledge of the world is supposed to keep pace. When I say knowledge, it could be a new coding language, blogging skills and other new knowledge areas that will help you adapt to the new world. Even as recent as a few years ago, if somebody had asked me what WordPress was all about, I would have stared blankly at him.
- You don’t want to be missing out on new possibilities. Why remain in the dark when your more computer-savvy friends are promoting their skills online? There are plenty of courses to sharpen your computer skills. As I blogged previously, take advantage of the numerous offerings online, many of which are free.
- You will find the world much more enjoyable if you have the skills that are in demand in the year 2016. So that you are not always playing catch-up to the rest of the world like a second-class citizen.
- Last but not least, you will also be advancing your career or business.